Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ode To Joy or sarcasm in B-minor

Someone once asked me a wise question about about classical music and its composers of old. It was a Q & A thing you see.

The whole thing started of with this, "Hey, what do you think of Beethoven as a composer ? How would you rate him ?"

So, I answered in a manner of mine, "Well, he's pretty good. I like his poems and vocals. That's all."

Later, another icon was put in question, "How about chopin, he made beautiful pieces, didn't he ?"

Again, i answered but with more elaboration this time, " The guy's a legend. A class musician. Out of this world. I like the drumbeats he made. My favourite of his was that number, 'Nocturne in 16-beat C#minor '. Roll over Mozart, Bach or whoever, Chopin's the real deal with his chicken CHOPs, man ! Seriously speaking. Over a long list of drummers in the past and present, he tops my list, indefinitely. There's not a musician better than him. " XD

No comments: